Tuesday 28 July 2015

Guest Blog Post: Weekend Doris by Lazy Seamstress Jeanette Archer


This weeks blog post comes from the eminently talented Jeanette Archer of Lazy Seamstress. Jeanette has been tutoring at Ministry of Craft for over a year and this October sees her debuting another fabulous workshop...
 
The Weekend Doris dress and sweater pattern is a retro inspired quick and easy sewing project, ideal for a weekend project to wear on easy weekends…or indeed any other time!
I’m the kind of person that doesn’t really do lounge wear, but I still like to relax a little on weekends, be able to throw on a classic, simple and comfortable outfit that can take me from lounging to outing.
I call it my "Weekend Doris" look because my husband has frequently found me doing housework in heels and a pinny during the week, sighed and said "Oh dear you are having a Doris Day moment again", so at the weekend when I dress down a little, either in a comfy dress or cigarette pants and a top, I like to think I'm having a weekend Doris moment! (And now you all know way too much about the general state of my mind!)


Designed to be sewn up in stretch fabric, either on a sewing machine or overlocker, the Weekend Doris is a very satisfying project for beginners and the more experienced sewist.
I’m looking forward to teaching this class at Ministry of Craft in October.
 If you would like to join Jeanette and create your own 'lounging to outing' outfit then join us on 31 October and Sew your own Weekend Doris.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment